After a devastating direct hit from Hurricane Maria last week that left 100% of their island without electricity, along with serious shortages of food and clean water, Puerto Ricans are desperate for relief.

Governor Ricardo Rossello of Puerto Rico says he did not feel a warm embrace from President Trump. (Credit: www.breitbart.com)

But when Gov. Ricardo Rossello sent word to President Trump that a humanitarian crisis was unfolding, and that Puerto Rico was in critical need of the same aid and supplies as storm damaged states like Texas and Florida, he was shocked at the response:

“The president told me that I should get in touch with the leader of my own country if I wanted help,” said Gov. Rossello. “I don’t think he understood that we are part of the United States, and that Puerto Ricans are American citizens.”

The Caribbean island is, in fact, a U.S. territory and its inhabitants are natural-born American citizens. And while they don’t vote for president, and have only one non-voting seat in Congress, Puerto Ricans are able to travel freely between their island and the United States mainland.

Much of Puerto Rico will remain without power for 4–5 months. (Credit: miamiinformer.com)

While the White House denied that Mr. Trump was ignorant of the island’s status, or the federal government’s obligation to provide assistance, one Oval Office insider, speaking off the record, said that the president was angry that the U.S. had to come to the aid of yet another hurricane ravaged area, especially one “that doesn’t speak white English.”

“He kept asking John Kelly how it was possible that ‘a whole island of spics could be Americans?’ Kelly told him that Puerto Rico has been a commonwealth of the U.S. since 1898 and the fact that the people there spoke primarily Spanish had nothing to do with it.”

John Kelly, a former Marine Corps general, is Mr. Trump’s current White House Chief of Staff. Puerto Rico was acquired by the United States from Spain in 1898 as one of the spoils of the Spanish-American War.

According to the source, Mr. Trump was also agitated to learn that many Puerto Ricans were likely to escape carnage on the island by fleeing to the U.S. mainland. “He insisted that there must be some way to stop them with a travel ban or something, and that it was going to be hard to keep the Mexicans out if they see Puerto Ricans coming in without having to leap over fences or anything.”

The White House announced Tuesday that President Trump would be visiting Puerto Rico in the days ahead to assess the damage and discuss FEMA’s role in the island’s recovery, but that “he wanted to wait until ‘real Americans’ got all the help they needed first.”If this post made you laugh or cry out for a real president, please click the heart, comment, and/or follow me. I promise to read every comment.

And click here or here to read two of my most popular past posts — or at least ones that I enjoyed writing a whole lot and I hope you’ll enjoy reading.

Thank you!

–AI

Publicités

Mes dernières déclarations sur les ondes des médias de la Capitale pour annoncer une trêve et l’annulation des manifestations de vendredi et de samedi, ont été très mal interprétées, et à tort, par plus d’un.

Vendredi soir, j’ai expliqué sur Zenith FM les raisons majeures de cette décision et j’ai annoncé pour jeudi (après les funérailles de mes camarades) la reprise de la mobilisation anti-budget et d’autres actions coercitives. Malheureusement, certains détracteurs en font un instrument de dénigrement sans prendre le temps de comprendre ma stratégie de combat…
A ceux-là, je dis « Que m’importe votre jugement, pourvu que j’ai évité un bain de sang en ce vendredi 22 septembre…

Je vous invite tous à écouter mon entrevue de vendredi avec Maître Morin sur Zenith FM et aussi à prendre lecture de ce texte de mon ami Pierre, qui exprime avec précision mon message du 22 septembre…

Jiskobou
Moise Jean Charles

Nou koube nou byen ba devan kouraj ak detèminasyon pèp Aysyen an ki leve kanpe kont bidjè anti pèp ke gouvenman Jovenel/Lafontant vle kwoke nan gòj mas la.
Nou remèsye popilasyon delma 75 ki te sonnen lanbi rasanbleman, lè lapolis te vle poze yon zak ilegal sou mwen, sou chofè mwen ak machin mwen.

Nou remèsye Senatè Antonio Cheramy, Evalliere Beauplan, Nènèl Cassiy, Willot Joseph, pou prezans yo, sipò yo, nan moman sa a. Se yon prèv ke peyi Dayiti gen moun.

Nou pat pran nan presyon, nou pap pran nan presyon. Men enmi pèp la mechan anpil…Yap prepare plan sou plan pou yo elimine Moïse Jean Charles…Nou konnen men nou pa pè.

Sèl sa pou enmi demokrasi yo konnen, menm si Moise Jean Charles tonbe, lit la ap kontinye, e lap kontinye pi rèd paske Pitit Dessalines yo anpil, yo entèlijan e yo gen konviksyon …Yap batay jiskobou…

Moise Jean Charles

Photo de Moise Jean Charles.

Selon certaines rumeurs qui circulent actuellement en Haïti, plus particulièrement au sein du pouvoir, le président Jovenel Moïse aurait contacté plusieurs ambassades pour négocier son exil vers l’étranger.

Il aurait, dans une rencontre avec le Cardinal Chibly Langlois, évoqué cette possibilité car, selon plusieurs de ses proches le président Jovenel Moïse aurait fait plusieurs crises d’épilepsies ces derniers jours, une maladie qu’il aurait caché depuis longtemps.

Par ailleurs, selon cette même rumeur, le Président Jovenel Moïse ainsi que plusieurs ministres du gouvernement dont le ministre que des bandits payés par le même gouvernement (le peuple) avaient mis feu à son cabinet d’avocat parce qu’il aurait magouillé les fournitures scolaires du ministère des affaires sociales, auraient déjà envoyé cacher leurs enfants à l’étranger au cas où le gouvernement démissionnerait pour partir en exil.

Entre temps pour les journées du jeudi 28 septembre et samedi 30 septembre prochains les oppositions et les groupes populaires vont manifester partout en Haïti contre la misère que la bourgeoisie et son gouvernement décident d’imposer dans le pays.

C’est également contre le budget 2017-2018 afin que les juges, les étudiants, les travailleurs puissent améliorer leurs sorts.

à suivre…

Hermann Cebert